We are currently looking for a graduate ecologist to join our team during the busy survey season.
The position will be a fixed term contract from May 2018 – September 2018.
Duties to include:
- Assisting with protected species surveys, in particular bat dusk emergence and dawn re-entry surveys
- Carrying out Phase 1 Habitat surveys
- Sound analysis using Analook and Kaleidoscope software
- Report writing
- Liaising with clients and assisting with the day-to-day running of the business
Essential skills and qualifications:
- BSc Ecology (or related subject)
- A good communicator, able to liaise with industry professionals and the public
- Excellent report writing skills
- Own transport and full UK driving licence
- Willingness to travel and work unsociable hours
- Must live within a commutable distance to our office in Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire
Desirable skills and qualifications:
- Graduate or Associate membership of CIEEM
- Bat licence, or working towards one
- Experience of Phase 1 Habitat surveys and botanical identification
- Knowledge of UK environmental legislation
- Experience of arboricultural surveys
Although we are currently offering a temporary contract over the busy survey period, there may be the opportunity for further work for the right candidate.
Salary is negotiable, dependent upon experience.
To apply, please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org